Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Another halter dress...

Well, it's finished. Just waiting on an address to send it to...
I think it came out quite well. The waist measurement I was given was on the short side, and I was hesitant about shortening the bodice, but I think in the end it will fit her better, and it looks good. I also shortened the skirt about 2 inches from the original pattern to keep it proportional.
I took these photos at about 2 in the afternoon, so the colors are much better than the other pics I got.
Great, now I want to do the wedding version of this I've had stuck in my head for years. Well, at least I've got fabric for that lying around. One of these days...
1/18/12 update: Well, she's gotten it and apparently likes it. It's always such a relief to get a good comment after making something for someone, sight unseen. I learned while working at the high school to trust the tape measure, but there's always an uncertain element when someone else is handling it. Kinda like buying clothes online... you've got the pics, the numbers, the factual data, but there's nothing like seeing the item in person. Or the person in the item. :)

1 comment: